What are you REALLY making for dinner?

iVillage Member
What are you REALLY making for dinner?
Mon, 04-09-2007 - 3:40pm

I wonder what people like me are REALLY making for dinner? Not a special occasion recipe, not your signature dish, just a regular week day meal for a family of five? I am making "hamburger helper makes a great meal", but you know that gets old.

HELP! What are you cooking?

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2007 - 4:12pm
It will probably be a Tombstone pizza at our house! I have to clean for a party tomorrow night and can't waste time cooking! Hamburger Helper is staple at our house too! You are not alone!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2007 - 6:10pm
Hi there and welcome to the board.

BabyFoot.jpg picture by cl-daisy526

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2007 - 1:41pm

Welcome to the board-hamburger helper is always a good choice-but i tend to change it up-add more rice-other veggies-different meat or more...They are always there I haven't used one in a while! We have been eating alot of rice since i figured out how to use it-we've been doing beef bowls, or chicken bowls,-they are real easy-just use cut up chicken or beef sautee with soy sauce and asian seasoning throw in some baby carrots, cut up broccoli, water chesnuts, 1 to 2 cups of water to cover until done serve over rice of your choice-I don't measure things when i do this-the kids love this too-you could add what ever veggies you want- we also use pre-made pizzas and put alfredo sauce and other veggies then cheese-kids love to help make it!

Have you tried those marie callendars crock pot meals-we love them-but we add more meat and other veggies to make more of it to feed all of us!

Good luck and happy cooking!