• 1 8 ounce cans crushed pineapple
  • 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
  • 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar

Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for meatballs until well mixed. Shape into approximately 100 one inch meatballs. Place meatballs on jellyroll pans or shallow roasting pans. Bake 18 to 20 minutes until browned. Repeat with remaining meatballs. Transfer meatballs to a slow cooker and set on low for 4 hours. Sauce: Meanwhile, prepare sauce by draining pineapple and reserving juice in a medium saucepan and set aside. Stir cornstarch into reserved pineapple juice and continue to stir over medium heat until cornstarch is dissolved. Add remaining sauce ingredients and continue to stir until sauce becomes thick, about 5 minutes. Add sauce and reserved pineapple to slow cooker and cover.

Notes: This is a great recipe for a party. It can be served directly from slow cooker and it keeps warm throughout the party. This is the most requested recipe in my collection.

Number of servings: 15-20

chrissy.jpg picture by Casey28zs

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2008 - 8:36pm
Made these tonight. They were pretty good, I'll make them again for sure. I did add more onion then it called for and I also added 2 cloves of fresh garlic, plus a couple dashes of worchestershire. I did only get about half the number of meatballs,
Photobucket