1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded

Kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper

8 cloves garlic, smashed

1 cup wild rice blend

1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice

2 1/4 cups water

10 fresh parsley sprigs

Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the garlic and rice. Add the lemon juice to the water and stir. Pour this mixture over the rice and chicken. Stir once to coat. Place the lid on the slow cooker and set on low for 8 hours. To plate, place a serving of the rice on each plate and top with 1 chicken breast. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs

Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Difficulty: Easy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 7:29pm
I'm wondering if instead of using the crock you could just bake it in the oven.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 5:19pm
I had a lime chicken CP recipe similar to this that I posted here a while back.
TracyPalmPoster.jpg picture by cl-daisy526
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 1:28pm

I could have sworn I got this recipe here, but couldn't find it, so I am posting it, even though it did not turn out well!

I browned the chicken before putting it in the crock, just because I don't like the pasty white look that you get in the crock! The chicken was DRY. I am thinking that maybe bone-in thighs would be better - a little fattier, more tendons that will take longer to break down.... something. I have never had good luck with boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crock. I am done trying!

And the rice was WAY over cooked, even though I only cooked it 6 hours instead of the 8 listed. It was like congealed oatmeal in texture. Probably too much water. Ugh.

Garlic flavor was good, but maybe a little too much lemon..... It smelled so good, it was very disappointing!

Edited 8/14/2008 1:29 pm ET by caraleas