REC: Summer Squash Bake

iVillage Member
REC: Summer Squash Bake
Mon, 11-17-2003 - 11:11am
4 med. Summer Squash, sliced fairly thin

1 med. onion, sliced thin

1 can Cream of Chicken soup (any cream soup will work)

1 pint sour cream

4 2/3 C. Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix (anything besides Stove Top will work)

2 sticks butter

shredded cheddar cheese (swiss is yummy too) optional

Melt 1 stick of butter and mix with 2 1/3 C. of the stuffing mix. Press into the bottom of the casserole dish. Par boil sqaush and onions until just lightly tender. Mix Cream Soup with Sour Cream, Summer Squash and Onion. Pour mixture on top of stuffing mix. I top with some shredded cheese. Melt 2nd stick of butter and mix with remaining stuffing mix. Top casserole with stuffing mix. I usually put this in the fridge for a few hours to allow everything to really come together. Then I bake it covered with foil for 30 minutes on 375. Then I uncover it and bake for an additional 10 - 15 minutes.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-17-2003 - 1:03pm

What a great idea collecting all Gramma's recipes to put in a book.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-17-2003 - 11:36am
Hey Tracy,

Sophie is doing great, I'm hangin in there. Still no relief in sight from the morning sickness so I think I'm just gonna have to deal with it til May.

This recipe is so yummy. I made it last night. My mom used to make this all the time and I realized when we were talking about recipes that I hadn't had this in about 15 years. I'm putting together a cookbook for all my cousins of my gramma's recipes that we all love and I'm giving it out for Christmas so I'm sure I'll come across lots more that I haven't had in a long time! :)

We are going to my in-laws for Thanksgiving but I have made a turkey and all the side dishes before though. I think the traditional Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite.

Thanks for thinking of me! I'll try to be back more often.

Em

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-17-2003 - 11:17am

Emily!!!!

GOod to see you girl!!

HOw are you and Sophie doing??

This sounds HEavenly....I can see where letting it set a bit BeFORE cooking would make it even better....

HOpe all is going well for you....you going TO or fixing Thanksgiving?