Easiest Mac & Cheese on Earth

iVillage Member
Easiest Mac & Cheese on Earth
Fri, 03-20-2009 - 12:36am

This is the easiest macaroni and cheese known to man. You take a 16oz box of noodles and boil them until soft (5-9 minutes). Then, strain out the water and stir in one 9oz can of Fritos Mild Cheddar Cheese dip (get it in the aisle where they keep the Nachos in the supermarket) while the noodles are still hot. Season to taste with your choice of spices. I feel that there is enough salt in the dip so I just add black pepper and chili powder.

You can be done here and have perfectly good mac & cheese or you can use this as a base for bigger things.

Sometimes I stir in cubes of pre-cooked ham steak (bought from store already cooked and cubed), some diced up red peppers and pour it all into a baking dish. Then I top it with another cheese (Monterey Jack or a Sharp Cheddar) and bake it for 15 to 25 minutes (depending on how you want the top to look).

My daughter loves this and the poor child thinks that I know what I'm doing around the stove.

I'd love to hear what you think of this recipe, and what other people can build using the simple base.