Find a Conversation
|Wed, 10-14-2009 - 9:40am|
- 4 small sugar pumpkins
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices white cheese, such as Monterey Jack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut off tops and remove seeds from pumpkins. Coat the insides with butter, and season with salt and pepper. Replace lids. Place in a shallow baking dish with a small amount of water to prevent bottoms from scorching during cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until insides have darkened yet outsides remain firm. Meanwhile, small saucepan, stir softened cream cheese into spinach until melted and well-blended.
- Fill pumpkins with spinach mixture, and top each with a slice of cheese. Return to the oven for 3 minutes to melt cheese if serving immediately. Pumpkins may be covered and refrigerated at this point until ready to serve. May be reheated in the microwave for 2 minutes.