Find a Conversation
|Mon, 01-18-2010 - 11:41am|
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
* 1/2 cup vegetable broth
* 8 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), halved
* 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
* 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
* 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
* 1 cup chopped green onions
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
* 10 Greek olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
* 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
* 1 tablespoon capers, drained
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tomatoes. Let stand for 5-7 minutes. Cut tomatoes into thin slices and return to broth; set aside.
Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the peppers, onions and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat. Stir in the olives, basil, capers, oregano and reserved tomato mixture; heat through.
Drain fettuccine; place in a large serving bowl. Add the feta cheese and pepper mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 331 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 854 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat