Welcome to our new recipe collection!

iVillage Member
Welcome to our new recipe collection!
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 1:51pm
We'll be posting all our new recipes here. Now I know that you all have some recipes you've been saving for a special occassion!

Rev your engines and let's get those appliances in gear!

Ready, set....GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:23am
It isn't my personal recipe, but I can tell you it tastes great and is so easy. The recipe is from Real Simple magazine and is called 10 Minute Lasagna I found that I can even skip the spinach step by using a sauce that already has the spinach in it. I have found it has to cook longer than it says in the recipe though.

1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce

1 30-ounce bag frozen large cheese ravioli, unthawed

1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry

1 8-ounce bag shredded mozzarella

1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Heat oven to 350° F. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and spoon in a third of the sauce. Arrange 12 ravioli on top and scatter the spinach over them. Top with half of each cheese. Cover with another layer of ravioli and the remaining sauce and cheese. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes more or until bubbly.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:45am
Hey that sounds REALLY easy. And thanks for sharing your tip for making it even easier with us! And it sounds yummy...hmmm and easy to modify for different sized serving. Great! Thank you!

Karen

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:09pm
Now is the time of year that I start making spaghetti salad...yummy serve it on the side with grilled chicken and some garlic toast and you are set

1lb of thin spaghetti

1 large tomato diced

1 medium zuccini diced

1 small red onion minced

1 bottle of either creamy italian dressing or regular italian dressing.

boil your noodles till al dente, rinse in cool water, add your chopped veggies and i like to add about 1 cup of dressing and see how it goes. you don't want it runny, just enough to coat the noodles. put in fridge for at least an hour. yummmy even my 7 year old dd loves this

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:06pm
Mmmmm that sounds yummy! And again, sooooooooo easy. Thanks for sharing it with us.

And welcome to the board.

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 11:21am
Someone asked for a recipe for Orange Roughy - here's an easy one. Bear with the "roughness" of the recipe, it really is easy.

Serves 4

4 Orange Roughy fillets (or any mild white fish)

1 yellow squash

1 zucchini

some thin slices of onion (can omit)

salt and pepper

dried herb of choice (can omit)

Parchment paper

Preheat oven to 375. Cut parchment into squares/rectangles that will hold one fillet with vegetables on top, folded over - maybe 18 inches long. Slice squash, zucchini and onion thin. Put one fillet on parchment paper (not in the middle, over to one side) and then top with vegetables, salt pepper and any other seasoning of choice. Fold paper over the fish and then fold edges over tightly. (tip - you can staple it after rolling edges over). Bake 10 - 15 mins depending on thickness of fish. Open paper pockets and serve! It's really yummy and healthy. I used to eat this as a kid. Still make it monthly!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:33pm
Hey there! Great idea. I do something similar with chicken breasts and veggies in foil. Never though about doing it with fish! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Karen