Golden Mushroom & Stuffing Pork Chops

iVillage Member
Golden Mushroom & Stuffing Pork Chops
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:03pm
Here's a good one that was supposed to have come off the Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup can back in the 60's. This tastes SO good and my husband LOVES it. How much easier does it get than this?

4 3/4" thick boneless pork loin chops

2 cups Instant Stuffing (like Pepperidge Farm in the bag)

1 can Golden Mushroom Soup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the instant stuffing. Brown pork chops. Place in 8" square pan and top with 1/2 cup stuffing. Sort of pack the stuffing down on top of the chop. Cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the tin foil and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:11pm
You know - I've never made it with the stuffing. I've used just the mushroom soup many times. Hmmm me thinks I'll have to try this one of these days.

Karen

Community Leader
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 12:40pm
what do you do with the soup? I use a can of mushroom soup to hold my commercial skillet steady, propped under the handle. But I bet you use it in the recipe! I like this one a lot and want to use it in my Cooking Like A Fool game Monday night in food chat. I am clipping titles and ingredients from recipes all over the boards and adding a "fool's ingredient" for the members to find. They will be coming in search of it, I bet!

thanks, k-roni

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 6:59pm
Oohhhhh ..this sounds good..I am going to have to try it SOON!

We had chops on the grill today..Sunny and cold..35* Had to do it!

I have learned that pork chops, bone in or boneless do not

need to be cooked so long that they are all dry......

as I was taught many years ago...a little pink is ok!

Gotta get to the store and get some stuffing mix and the

golden mushroom soup and I am going to try this... Thanks !!