Quick and Easy Baked Cheesecake

iVillage Member
Quick and Easy Baked Cheesecake
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 10:23am
This is something we made yesterdy and tried today ~ it was quite good, very easy and relatively low in fat and calories. No springform pan, just use a regular 9" pie pan:

6 graham crackers, crushed fine

2 Tablespoons butter, melted

1/4 cup sugar

1 small can of Eagle Brand Fat Free Sweetened

Condensed milk

1 8 oz package of neufatchel cheese, softened

1 egg and 1 egg white

juice of 1/2 lemon

Preheat oven to 325F degrees.

For the crust: In the pie pan place the crackers, butter and sugar ~ mix with a fork and press into the bottom and on the sides of the pan.

For the filling: In a bowl add together the milk, cheese, eggs and juice ~ mix on high until well blended. Place the filling into the pie plate and bake for about 40 minutes ~ but check often after 30 or so. Cake is done when the center is set and knife comes out clean.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 11:06am
yummmmmmmy.....anything that has eagle brand condensed milk sounds good to me.

Did you make a topping for it or just have it like that???

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:22pm
This is the first time we made it Karen, but yeah, a topping would be awesome. Strawberries drizzled with chocolate and a little powdered sugar would hit the spot ;). Doesn't that fat free condensed milk just rock? It's amazing ~ I can't believe how good it tastes and how nice it is to bake with.

I also want to mention that if you make it you might want to refrigerate for a few hours or so. (But I did eat a little piece hot from the oven and enjoyed it quite a lot) K

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 3:12pm
The condensed milk rocks. I use it when I make key lime pie. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That reminds me - my bf's sister still has my pie plate (she had a potluck dinner party and everyone had to bring something that started with the first letter of their first name...i was a bit limited on choices, lol). And my mother makes this completely sinful dessert thing with it, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut and a thin graham crumb crust - I don't even want to think about the calories though! lol very yummy.

Mmmmmm stawberry sauce dribbled over cheesecake....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm