Hakka Soon Kueh
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 03-16-2004 - 7:13am|
alternatively..see entry that says How to make soon kueh in http://gchoong.fotopages.com
400 g yam
600 g tapioca flour
For fillings: shredded
300 g turnip
200 g carrots
10 preserved chinese mushrooms
100 g chinese black fungus
200 g bamboo shoots
5 tbsp Fish sauce
3 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp chinese wine
1 tbsp white pepper
1 tsp salt
chopped spring onions, toasted onions.
1. steam yam and mash while still hot.
2. add flour and knead into dough. Set aside.
3. Stir fry all the shredded vegetables with seasonings. Set aside to cool.
4. Shape dough into ball, then flatten it with a rolling pin.
5. Add 1 tbsp of filling in the centre of the dough(see my photo album for the picture)
6. Fold over to cover the fillings.
7. Using a rice bowl to cut a even semi circle shape.
8. Repeat until all the dough is filled.
9. Steam over high heat for 7 mins.
10. Brush each soon kueh with toasted onion oil to prevent each one sticking on each other.
Serve with sweet sauce and chilli sauce.