Have you been to the Botanical Garden?

iVillage Member
Have you been to the Botanical Garden?
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 2:44pm

Does your town/area have a botanical garden?

Have you visited it?

Do you like to visit botanical gardens when you travel? If you have visited gardens in other areas, do you have a favorite?

Photobucket

Halloween WitchPhotobucket

Gardening Tips and Friends

Powered by CGISpy.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 9:16pm

Toledo has the Toledo Botanical Garden and we have visited it! And Bowling Green has the Simpson garden park, not exactly a botanical garden but still--- and my DH is active in the design and planting of it.

Visiting gardens is NOT one of my favorite things, however. So I don't have a favorite...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 11:15pm

There's the Bogor Botanical Gardens (Kebun Raya Bogor in Indonesian) about an hour away from Jakarta.

I was there a few months ago. I should plan a trip soon!

Singapore has a beautiful botanical garden, which I visited many years ago. When I lived in Lyon (France) the Parc de la Tete d'Or also had a botanical garden which was beautiful.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-07-2008 - 11:57am
We have at least 2 that I know of, and I've been to both.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-07-2008 - 2:28pm

I don't think my area here has a botanical garden. I don't usually visit them because of a childhood experience. I'm terrified of snakes. We went to a botanical garden for a school field trip and there were gardner snakes everywhere and I freaked out and it's ruined me for them now. : )

~

> >
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 7:11pm

How neat that your DH is active in designing and planting a garden park. Even if the "formal" name is not a botanical garden, that counts in my book.

I have only recently become in interested in seeing the designs etc. of different gardens. I know my garden will never look anything like that , but.....

Thanks for stopping by.

Photobucket

Halloween WitchPhotobucket

Gardening Tips and Friends