Veggies are planted

iVillage Member
Veggies are planted
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 11:14am

We got our garden in. A few rows of green beans, cucumbers and tomatoes.

iVillage Member
In reply to: cmamy
Sat, 04-04-2009 - 10:28am

Amy -

I am so jealous. We are having a blizzard today - AGAIN!

The kids and I have started some herb seeds, lettuce and spinach indoors, but as cold as it has been and with our 3rd snowstorm in 2 weeks we have them in the house - it is not even warm enough in my green house. lol!

Powered by CGISpy.com

We can not direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 7:59pm

We lucked out. It snowed yesterday when I went to the local dog show and I was really cranky cuz even with handicap parking license plates I had to park in the 3RD parking lot from the show. So by the time I got to the building I had to sit down for a minute so knees would stop yelping!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-12-2009 - 7:12pm

Amy,

I was lurking through the boards and came across your post about your tomatoes not doing well. We plant a garden every year and it is important to rotate crops every few years. But I don't like spending all that money on fertilizers. I talked with an old farmer and he told me to use rabbit poo. If you know some one who has rabbbits, just ask them if you can get a big bag from under their cages. They usually have way more than they ever need. And it is free. You just

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 9:13am

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for your terrific tip about the rabbit poo. I wish I knew someone that had rabbits! :o(

I'm going to go out and check those tomatoes today and I'll give an update of their progress.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 1:44pm

Not sure if this would work, but if there is a pet store near you, maybe find out if there is a way to get it from them?

Not sure if the other small pets stuff would be mixed in or not.