Have you seen Food Inc?

iVillage Member
Have you seen Food Inc?
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 2:10pm

Have you seen the movie Food Inc? We watched it this weekend - twice!

I am wondering if you saw it what did you think? Does what Monsanto is doing about seed saving alarm you?

IF you have not seen this movie I really recommend it for anyone who eats food. lol! Seriously it is a thought provoking documentary - even to me and I live in an agriculturual area where I see some of these things happening to people I know.

If you would like to read more you can check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/Food-Inc-Eric-Schlosser/dp/B0027BOL4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265045037&sr=8-1

Here is another link with info about the movie: http://www.foodincmovie.com/about-the-film.php

Powered by CGISpy.com

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 3:29pm
I haven't... sounds pretty depressing and I tend to avoid depressing! I think I already know the message it is sending and while I tend to agree, I'm not at all sure I want to be shown it in graphic detail... head in the sand and all that!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 4:54am

No, I haven't seen that. I'll most probably pick it up the next time I'm at HMV.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 8:04am

No, I haven’t seen this.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 2:55pm

I really want to see this movie, especially after hearing you talk about it. I just put it in my rental list.

~

Thank you, Dedi, for Avery's great sig!

> >
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 6:33pm
I haven't seen it but I think Oprah did a show about it a couple weeks ago. She talked about knowing where your food is from and about the horrible way chickens are raised. Disgusting!

E & A New SIggie
co-cl of Pacific Friends
past cl of Staying Romantic

E & A New SIggie
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 12:55pm

I agree the way the mainstream in the market place chickens, hogs and cattle are raised is gross. The thing is, it does NOT have to be that way. I raise all 3 and NONE of them are in confinement areas or receive antibiotics.

But this movies goes WAY beyond how animals are raised and covers how seeds are being genetically modified (animals already are) and the company not the farmer owns those seeds.

It also covers how our government is subsidizing unhealthy foods. DId you ever wonder why you could by a fast food burger for less than some fruit or veggies?

One of the main points is that it is important to know where your food comes from. Buy locally when you can and ask the farmer about their practices. To me being organic is not that important. It is actually quite expensive and takes a long time to get certified as organic - thanks to the BIG companies with clout in Washington.