It came with the house.......

iVillage Member
It came with the house.......
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 11:23am

Ok, so this past March my fiancé and I bought a house. The front and backyard is covered with all different types of flowers, plants, bushes, trees, and shrubs. The couple that lived there before us was an older couple that loved to garden. So now I have these beautiful flowers and I have no idea what to do! I always wanted a garden and to plant my own produce, but I don’t know the first thing about gardening. I am been researching online and there is so much information out there, but I can’t seem to find anything that can help me maintain the garden I already have so I don’t kill it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 11:55pm

A couple things come to mind.

1) If the couple that sold you the house is still in the area,

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2010 - 8:18am

Unfortunately the couple that lived there passed away and the house was sold through an estate.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-20-2010 - 1:22pm

don't know about your area, but here we have a Masters Gardener group, if you have anything like that they would be thrilled to come out and identify things and advise you, also if you have a local college that has a horticulture dept.,some highschools even have one.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-01-2010 - 1:54pm

It sounds like you have a perrenial garden. I bet you could find a beginners book for how water, weed, and care for your flowers. Your state extension office may also have a web site with good local information.

Click-Here

Please visit http://www.jefferysjunction.ecrater.com