Stainless steel sppliances?

iVillage Member
Stainless steel sppliances?
Wed, 10-17-2007 - 3:20pm

We're thinking of new applicances

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2007 - 9:30pm
OH NOOOOOOOOO don't do white...so boring...especially if you have darker cabinets...I have a stainless look refrigerator
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2007 - 1:37pm

Hi there Jen,

I have never had stainless steel appliances before so I don't know about fingerprints/streaks. I did read that it's easy to clean, however. Here's some tips:

Unlike standard finishes, stainless steel

Kerri Kerr
Sr. Community Moderator
Home & Garden | Food
iVillage.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2007 - 1:41pm

Thanks for the input, Erin! I hope to read more from you :)

Kerri Kerr
Sr. Community Moderator
Home & Garden | Food
iVillage.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2007 - 6:54pm

Jen, we have a stainless stove top and dishwasher adn we use a special cleaner for both. It's from Sears (and is called Stainless Steel Cleanser) and it works beautifully --- just don't get it on any non-steel parts like plastic or rubberized handles as it stains them...

We have white sink (DH's idea --- we had stainless ebfore and I really liked it!) and it is harder to clean, IMO --- things like pots "scar" with black streaks and tomato sauces are a bear to remove. Our white fridge is so covered with magnets, etc. I'm not sure WHAT it looks like underneath! LOL

Our oven is black glass so that's a different kettle of fish altogether... and we are gradually "losing" all the black.

As you can see, we have a kitchen in transition! LOL

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Remodel & Renovate" and CL for "Antiques and Collectibles"

Visit me at That Yank In...
and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs:"Neighborhood" RR, "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of San Man snow charts, "Millenium Sampler", 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the new DMC linen threads, and a Kooler Design Studio chart called "Needlework Shop"

CL for "

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2007 - 1:00pm
I have stainless steel appliances and counter top. It needs cleaned as much as any other surface. It doesn't bother me. I personally want to know if something needs cleaned. I don't go for the "hides the dirt" idea. gross! The look is rich and durable as heck.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2007 - 1:24am

Thanks for stopping by and giving your input, Carol :)

Kerri Kerr
Sr. Community Moderator
Home & Garden | Food
iVillage.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2007 - 6:02pm

Welcome Jen!

So what did you decide on? White or stainless?

I always had the timeless white in my kitchen since it's more french country and I do think the stainless is more contemporary or modern.

Let us know what color cabinets and floor you have and what

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2007 - 2:01am
I have stainless and I wish that I had the black. The stainless is so hard to
keep clean and keep the finger prints off. I use a metal polish and cleaner regularly.
Soapy water is not enough. The sides are the black and they always look clean and hot soapy water cleans them so easily.
From Chere 's pen to yours.