A couple questions....

iVillage Member
A couple questions....
Wed, 03-26-2008 - 7:33pm

I'm still working on my kitchen,lol. I have a sliding glass door in my kitchen leading out to my sunroom & deck. What kind of covering would work? Right now I have plain white vertical blinds, I really haven't found anything else that would work. I really do need something on them, though, for privacy, as we live in a big neighborhood.

Also, I'm painting my kitchen a yellow. My countertops & floors & all are fairly neutral so it should work. The thing is, above my cabinets there is a border with flowers. If I remove the border, what could i put up there so it isn't so plain? The border really is nice, I'm just tired of it after 3 years!

TIA!!

-Anna

~Anna-Mommy to James 5/1/2007

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2008 - 3:54pm

Hi Anna!

I had those vertical in my last home on my sliding doors

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2008 - 11:11pm

Thank you for all the ideas! I like the suggestions for the sliding doors, especially the tab top drapes.

I really like the idea of the framed pictures for above my cabinets, I guess I just need to think more, lol. =) Maybe go on a shopping trip and be creative. I can't wait to start on my kitchen - we're almost finished with the bathroom, so almost there.

Thanks again for all the help!

-Anna

~Anna-Mommy to James 5/1/2007

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-15-2009 - 11:07pm

If you leave the border, Nice wall clock to match would be good. I found one online that might work at Goodwinsniknakstore.com

Hope this help.