kitchen paint color

iVillage Member
kitchen paint color
Sat, 04-26-2008 - 9:10pm
upgrading my kitchen,open floor plan cabinets are honey maple counter will be brown quartz with alittle gold looks like limestone.putting in glasstile backsplash with earthtone colors of gold greens muted red warm colors. hardwood honey colored floors. we get a fair amount of sun light,but it is northern exposure.now the cabinets almost blend with the gold wall color if i paint a darker color will it close the kitchen in or make the cabinets pop more.or should i go lighter to open it up, my eye goes to the darker color, but fear it will darken to much help please..
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2008 - 1:05am

Welcome lunchlady!

How about a cool color to complement the warm cabinets? I was thinking blue. See this kitchen with maple honey color cabinets and how you like it:

http://www.kitchenbathideas.com/images/img_bluelg_ss5.jpg

Did you want to go with a bright color, like burnt orange or red? What other colors do you have in your open floor plan? What style is your kitchen? Contemporary, country, traditional, modern or other?

You can look through

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2008 - 8:45pm

I'm going to vote for the darker color.

JHarvest.jpg picture by 3coolmom

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2008 - 1:34pm

Hi lunchlady!

Make any decisions on what color you're going with in your kitchen? Was wondering if you painted yet.

Can you share some photos? We love love sharing photos here.

Would you know of a good place to buy those glass tile back splashes online? I want to use some behind my stove in blue. Having a hard time finding what I would like.

My Honeybear & Zinger!