What is your favortie decor or design...

iVillage Member
What is your favortie decor or design...
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 3:04pm

What is your favortie decor or design for a kitchen?

• Country, french country or cottage
  • Eclectic
  • Traditional
  • Contemporary
  • Old World
  • Southwestern
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Romantic design
  • Other
  • None of the above. Share what design you love

You will be able to change your vote.

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 3:41pm

Everyone loves a different style kitchen! What is yours?

Mine happens to be french country with a twist of Tuscan, LOL.

I'm just finishing up with re-decorating and still have the counter tops to change and repainting the wall a light light creamy french yellow. My cabinets are blue, LOL. Yes! I painted them blue. My terra cotta flooring is in and

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 10:24pm

I went traditional because that's what I have.

I suppose there are aspects of contemporary that I like but a pure contemporary is too cold and stark for me. We sort of had a contemporary kitchen in our mid-century modern Eichler in the Bay area, but even there, we dressed it "down" with with and earthtoned paint! But I do like Mission style furniture and Arts & Crafts style so I suppose I could transition there... if I were willing to do new cabinetry (as what we have now is a little too ornate for either) and hardware.

And I'm NOT one for "theme" kitchens (American country with apples or chickens or cows; European country with grape murals and distressed walls; Southwestern with cacti, etc... just too fussy for me!).

But I do like Mission style furniture and Arts&Crafts style so I suppose I could transition there...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-03-2008 - 3:44pm

I like Mission style too Carol, along with some antiques thrown in for good measure

My Honeybear & Zinger!