Need Window Treatment Help!

iVillage Member
Need Window Treatment Help!
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 10:00am

I need some help! I'd like to cover the small windows in my sunroom but I don't know what style/colors to go with. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. I'd prefer to go with a valance but I'm just so bad with picking out patterns and having this unusal coral color makes it even harder. I was thinking of a chocolate since the ceiling fan & table are brown but should I go with a solid chocolate color or a pattern with chocolate in it. Anyway, here's a couple of pics to help. TIA!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 1:58pm

Hello

siggy.gif siggy picture by PGOLDBERG1
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 10:23pm

Hi Monica! Welcome!

Your sun room DR is very charming and I love all your shutters and small windows. It looks like you do get a lot of sun in there, so I don't think

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 8:19am

Thank you so much for all those wonderful suggestions! I really appreciate it b/c being a decorating novice I really don't know what I like. I've been looking online at different sites and based on the examples you gave I think I like the striped patterns best. I really really like the Bedford Striped Layered Scalloped valance you showed me. I think it's perfect. So, thanks for that link.

We just bought this house and the previous owner had cornice boxes over those small windows and I loved them but those when with her. Too bad. I would just leave the small windows uncovered but every night during dinner we all have the sun in our eyes so I really do need to cover them up. I plan on leaving the plantation shutters as is and leaving the big window uncovered.

Thanks again for helping me with my decorating dilemma! Take care & Happy Holidays.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 8:22am

Thanks Pam for those suggestions. I don't plan on covering the entire window just the small ones over the plantation shutters only because the sun is constantly in our eyes and quite annoying. And I'm going to keep the big window & half moon window completely uncovered - those aren't a problem with the sun.

I like the white airy valances you suggested & will keep them in mind. Thanks again & Happy Holidays!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 1:41pm

You're very welcome Monica! Good choice, I think those will really brighten up your DR and keep that sun out. Since they have a lot of colors in them you could use any of those pretty stripe colors in a solid color

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 4:42pm

Doris posted some beautiful ideas as uaual :-)

Good luck with whatever you decide & Happy Holidays to you also!