♂ ♀ ? QOTW ? ♂ ...

iVillage Member
♂ ♀ ? QOTW ? ♂ ...
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 5:52pm

Do you mind being in the kitchen? Who does most of the cooking and clean up or do you share this with your Hubby?

LOL, here is one ladies answer on this!

There is nothing "stereotypical" about women in the kitchen. More than 75% of all american women (the most powerful woman on earth) are their family's primary cook. The other 25% are most likely primarily women who work the 4-11 shift (a shift only blue collar people work).

Anyways.... if a woman's place is not in the kitchen...then a man's place is not in the yard. Push that lawnmower from time to time. I'd gladly make lemonade and a sandwich for a chick who mows (during tv commercials though).

And you feminazi chicks who refuse to cook... ask yourselves.......

Why on gods earth would any male choose you over a traditional woman? What are you bringing to the table other than gender warfare?

I'd rather marry at typical girl who says "do you want sauce on that, hun?" than one who says "YOU cook. I cooked yesterday. You cook. YOU cook. YOU cook".
i'd be like...."nevermind babe! you dont have to cook. My mistress fed me anyways".

and our future Grandchildren want cherry pie like GRANDMA use to bake.

Source(s):
its not the 20's anymore. Its 2010+.... the era of the
60% divorce rate. Traditional marriage still works for the amish. Their divorce rate is 1%
The "modern" style marriage is a failed experiment.

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member

My DH is a better cook than I.

I can cook but it's not enjoyable and I like clean-up even less.

Since retirement, though, I do tend to do most of the dinner/supper cooking. DH fixes his own lunch and breakfast, a habit we got into because our schedules just don't match, and he baks all the pies...... He won't BBQ any more, though - It's like puling teeth to get him to fire up the outside cooker!

CL for

iVillage Member
My husband is a stay-at-home dady so he is now the primary cook in our home.
iVillage Member

Well, when it comes to comfort food, like meatloaf, homemade soups or baked mac and cheese I think I'm the winner of these, LOL. Hubby is more of a meat (steak and potato) man and love it HIS way with meat

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member

You must of taught him good Amy! LOL!

I think most men are generally messy, I am forever cleaning and picking up after my man, just like a little kid. ;o) But since I have complained about not being his maid he is much better now, LOL.

I think it's wonderful you two have a working agreement and a stay at home Daddy! So who cooks on weekends or when your off from work? ;o)

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
And I just noticed that my cl hat is still on! Sorry, Karen, I THOUGHT I had taken it off when I came inside, like all good visitors should...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

March is National Craft Month!
March 20 is National Quilting Day!
What will be your next remodeling project?
Yes, you can look stylish insweat pants!

Edited 3/5/2010 1:00 am ET by thatyank

CL for "

iVillage Member

Even in summer, he's not a fan of BBQing. Don't know why he's missing that male gene!

He makes great pumpkin and apple pies. And since I can't bake to save my soul, he got that assignment early on in our marriage.

Favorite meals? Haven't a clue for DH. He's one of those dears who eat pretty nearly everything I put in front of him, so long as I don't put bell peppers of any kind or color in it (he hates peppers). As for me, it has to be the traditional Thanksgiving/Christmas feast-type meal although I also like a good beef roast...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

March is National Craft Month!
March 20 is National Quilting Day!
What will be your next remodeling project?
Yes, you can look stylish insweat pants!

CL for "

iVillage Member

As you know my grandson lives with me.

JHarvest.jpg picture by 3coolmom