What type of cookware do you use?

iVillage Member
What type of cookware do you use?
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 5:46pm

I love the old fashion steel frying pans for just about everything but, use stainless steel pots for other things like boiling veggies or potatoes. Never had luck with glass cookware

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-16-2010 - 8:57pm

About the time we got married Revere opened their factory here.

JHarvest.jpg picture by 3coolmom

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 5:10pm

Oh! Carol, I would get rid of that no scratch Teflon you have. They say it flakes off and gets in your food. It can be very bad for your health. I threw all mine away a few years ago when I found out it's not good to use.

LOL, I have a variety of cookware too and even some of my dear Mother's and MIL's cookware. The ones I like best were from my Mom. Copper bottom stainless steel revere ware with large sturdy round handles. LOL, of course I am not good a cleaning the copper bottoms. ;o)

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 2:45am
I have a little of this, a little of that, a little of something else, all accumulated over 45 years of marriage and all those miles of travel! I have Pyrex for baking and some earthenware as well; Corning for stovetop; non-stick (both teflon which is pretty badly scratched up and the newer varieties) and stainless pots and fry pans; and even a full set of enameled cast iron!

CL for "