Ahhh this ugly kitchen

iVillage Member
Ahhh this ugly kitchen
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 5:21pm

Hello Doris,

Not long ago I was at your side lending others advice, now I'm asking for advice.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 3:44pm

Well, hello there Pam! Haven't heard from you in awhile.

It's good to see you again and glad everything is working out ok for you. Are you back with Alan or with your new partner?

Anyway! You finally got your

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 5:44pm

Hello Doris,

I'm so happy to hear from you {{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}
I've missed you sooooooo much & my email address has changed so I had no way to contact you

Well this isnt my house YET, were in the process of making offers & such. Its still here in Florida, its about 2 hours north of St.Petersburg (where I live now).

I totally agree with you that paint goes a long way & it can do wonders. But I just cant stand the thought of painting wood (cringe). However I dont think these cabinets are real wood HA HA.
I have white cabinets in my current kitchen (pics 1 & 2) and I love my kitchen but white cabinets are not my favorite. I think my favorite is cherry wood & 2nd is

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 6:12pm

Hi Sweetie!

Well, if you want to get in touch with me and send me a e-mail just click on my screen name and send me your new e-mail address.

I was wondering how you made out with the sale of your home and all. Good to know everything is going A ok so far for you.

Well, mobile homes and manufactured homes are

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 5:39pm

Hi Doris,

Yes I know that mobiles are built very differently then regular homes. I'm rather have a nice brick home but simply cant afford it right now. This mobile has everything we need for right now.
Yes it has a nice big crawl space under it, it was just moved to the land in March so everything is up to code & it should be pretty clean under there.
I really am looking forward to moving & fixing up another place. I've got lots of ideas.
It sure is going to be a different way of life but I think we'll like it!

Your friend,
Pam

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-12-2010 - 3:31pm

Why sure Pam! Living in a mobile is just like living in a house and look at all the land you said you will be getting with it.

Good luck! Keep me posted and I

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 8:41pm

Hi Doris,

That home fell through. That is kinda good I guess since I hated the kitchen but now I have to keep searching & I have 2 weeks to move. Things are getting down to the nitty gritty. I'll keep you posted.

Your friend,
Pam

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 7:54pm

Oh Pam! I am so sorry to hear that. Can you move in temporary with a family member?

Maybe you can just rent a place for now then later on buy one when your not so pressed for time?

If you buy, you can try Realtor.com and put in the city you want, amount you want to spend and mobile home, something might come up.

Good luck sweetie, I'll be praying for you.

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 10:50pm

Hi Doris,

Thank you, your so sweet.

I'm really nt that upset that the other home fell through, yeah I hated the kitchen that bad.

I've got my eyes on another home that were probably going to go see within the next few days. From the pictures I've seen the kitchen is smaller but looks nicer. The only thing I dislike about it from the pictures are the counter tops are blue. I'm not a big fan of blue LOL. But from what I can tell the cabinets are a medium oak & look like real wood and the appliances are white. Its alot easier to change out counter tops then it is to gut the whole kitchen :-)

I've been on realtor.com for months, 99% of them are bank owned. Theres no bank thats going to approve us with a short sale on our credit report so we need owner financing for now. I figure we'll keep this next home for 10 years (until Myranda turns 18), sell it and maybe buy a condo or something. Shes the baby & when shes off to college I'll only "need" a 1 bedroom.
I've been finding alot of owner financing on craigslist.com

I really am looking forward to this move. I'm a country girl at heart so I'm looking forward to decorating, painting, maybe using some plaids, iron, I've always wanted a hanging pot rack. Oh this home I'm looking at has a HUGE fireplace that takes up 95% of 1 wall, I can just picture some sort of heart wreath hanging above it! I'm pretty excited about it!

Your friend,
Pam

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2010 - 6:06pm

I'm a firm believer that if it was ment to be it will! See, that kitchen was way too much work anyway.

Good luck with this other place.

Yes! Keep me posted and share photos too if you can!

{{Hugs}} Doris

My Honeybear & Zinger!