New home ; new bedroom

iVillage Member
New home ; new bedroom
Fri, 11-30-2007 - 7:40pm

we bought small new home. It is like studio apartment style. Big living room, kitchen, storage room and bedroom in corner. I have a few question.
1) while stepping upstairs, there is a next my bedroom with small wall attaching which is so annoying. I do not know how to hide it beautifully
2) my bedroom has a greenish color which I like. it reminds me of nature. but i do not know what kind of curtain and bedding sheets and comforters will suits.
3) it has a 3 windows next to each other like 1 feet apart. the problem with it is that it is not long window. it is like center in the wall, not till end of the wall. it is like kitchen wall. I am not sure how to decorate with it curtain? or any other ideas.

Thanks in advance.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-01-2007 - 3:05pm

Welcome Rosy!

Now, lets see if I have this right?

There is a wall between your bedroom and kitchen? Is it a 1/2 wall?

Three windows on the other bedroom wall?

Have any photos to share with us so we can see what you mean?

What style do you like?

Want a theme?

You can put one long rod over your three windows at the ceiling and hang your drapes from the ceiling down to the floor. Treat them like one large window and it will make the room look bigger.

Come back with more info so we can make more suggestions.

From my home to yours,

Have a VERY HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Thanks for joining in.

{{HOLIDAY HUGS}} cl-honeygirl45

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2007 - 6:40pm

Hello,

Thanks for replying! yes you were right, there is a wall between kitchen and bedroom...the whole wall. yes I am thinking to have a theme - may be romantic...since me and my hubby will live in that home. but i have a one more question, as we go upstairs,there is like common wall(lees than 1/2 wall) of bedroom and stairs. for example, i can see from my bedroom, what is going on downstairs and on stairs. hope you understand what i am saying. I want to make it little private since it is a bedroom, but do not want to have a whole wall....I am have a picture of my bedroom but i do not know how to post it. so please help me out how to make it little private, thanks.

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-06-2007 - 9:51pm

Hi Rosy!

If you want to post a photo, you have to first scan it to a photo file on your computer, then when you post

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-07-2007 - 7:39pm

Hi cl_honeygirl45,

you know what, i had the same idea in my mind about that divider. I am attaching the picture of windows in my bedroom. so you can see what kind of curtain will suit on it. right now, the bedroom is painted in green color. I might want to keep that color.. and i am also buying new bedding set. so you can advise me which color suits but i want machine washable bedding set under $80.

Thanks.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-08-2007 - 3:44pm

That is a nice leafy green Rosy.

Since the walls are kind of on the dark green side. I would go with a

My Honeybear & Zinger!