Fri, 03-28-2008 - 5:41pm
Does any one here follow Feng Shui? If so I have a question for you

Thank You
Terri
iVillage Member
In reply to: terril2006
Tue, 04-01-2008 - 12:42am

Welcome Terri!

I really don't practice feng shui, but I have heard that about the earth wind and water concept. Or was it fire?

I have a fountain near my front door, heard this brings good luck and money into a home. LOL, at one time in my last home I had a Chinese friend and she gave me some tips. So I did hang a small mirror on the front of my home too as we had some noisy neighbors. LOL, can't say that it helped.

So ask anything you like and I will try and find a answer for you.

Sorry, I over looked your post somehow! Glad you joined us.

HAPPY SPRINGTIME EVERYONE!

Do you still have snow?

We have this...............>>>>>

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2008 - 12:15pm

As we redecorate, we are using feng shui. I have a ton of books on it so if you have a question ask. If I don't know the answer, I can look it up in one of my books.

Kathleen

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2008 - 6:13pm
Yes I do have a question.Is it ok to have a mirror in the Bedroom even if it's not facing the bed?
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2008 - 10:01am

You want the mirror or any reflective surface including a TV facing away from the bed. Unless you cover it when you are in bed so that your reflection doesn't look back at you all night. We have a mirror in our bedroom that's on a diagonal facing our aquarium. As for the TV, as long as it is on, it's not a reflective surface. Some TV's become reflective when you turn them off. If you have one like that, you'll want to have a throw or something to put over it at night. DH likes the TV on all night so it's never a reflective surface and doesn't need to be covered.

HTH

Kathleen

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2008 - 2:09pm

I was really into it years ago.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2008 - 5:18pm

Welcome Cyndi!

So glad you jumped in.

Those are some very interesting things. LOL, I had to look around my home and see if I did any of those things. Whew, I didn't.

I have heard that if you have no place else to hang a mirror in your bedroom and it faces the bed to hang one over your bed to bounce the bad chi back, LOL. Not sure if this is right, so maybe you could look that part up for me?

See, I have a antique vanity with a large pretty mirror attached and the only place I can put it is facing my bed as I have a large double closet on one whole wall. LOL, I use to cover the mirror up

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2008 - 6:13pm
Thank you so much!ok here is another question re the mirror can I have it say on a wall next to the bed?it will face the side of the bed