Bedroom Decorating?

iVillage Member
Bedroom Decorating?
Fri, 05-02-2008 - 3:05pm

Budget Home Makeover Ideas from a TLC Star:

http://home.ivillage.com/decorating/bedrooms/0,,b7m25qx2,00.html

Decorating Bedrooms

The master bedroom should be a sanctuary for rest and relaxation, but for most people, it remains the most neglected room in the house. Ready to show your bedroom a little love? TLC star and design guru Nadia Geller shares simple, cheap and chic bedroom decorating ideas that will add sass and style to your resting space.

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-04-2008 - 7:03pm
Not really PIZZAZZ. More like refuge! LOL

From the door looking east:

Looking at my new telly!

Looking West

Yes, that wall behind the headboard is two shades darker than the other three walls... I pulled the green from my tqo quilts - the blue one you see on the bed and a cream one for summer - both have that green in them!...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

Edited 7/30/2008 9:34 pm ET by thatyank

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2008 - 12:07am

That's a great color for a bedroom Carol. Green is so relaxing. Looks really nice with your furniture and quilts.

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2008 - 9:42am

Yes, there is a lot of light in that room, especially in the morning (that window faces the sunrise and it is better than any alarm clock! That and the cats make sure I don't sleep in late! LOL)

Great minds to think alike! Sort of, anyway. If you check the wall to the right of the telly, you can see the corner of my Hawaiian quilt (bought in Kauai) which is pink and green! So there is some pink there! And I do have throw pillows for the bed now (that was an older picture) but they are all blues and greens in various patterns... Also, there is a water color of a pink-and-blue porch on the wall next to the dresser and one of DH's photos of yellow flowers with a deep green foliage over the nightstand. And there are white cotton tie-back curtains on the windows.

I LOVE that slate floor and how it extends up behind your stove! And the view is to die for. All I can see from my bedroom is a vacant lot filled with dandelions!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for "