3 Years old Princess Room

iVillage Member
3 Years old Princess Room
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 1:31pm

Hi there, I am looking for some of your brilliant ideas. My little girl is 3 years old and she would very much like a princess bedroom I am wondering if any of you had any other ideas I could use, I have painted her room Pink and I also bought some of those stick-on's for her walls but now I am looking of some very creative ideas that I could do myself, I am 6 Months Pregnate and I wanted to give her a very special space for herself before her baby brother come along. Any of your ideas are very much appreciated .

Thanks in advance
Lisa

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 4:43pm

Hi Lisa! Welcome!

Sounds like your little princess will have a dream bedroom! What type of bed does she have? Is it a twin or hide-a-bed type and what princess stick up did you use on the walls? Cinderella?

I would do some kind of canopy over her headboard from the ceiling, you can use some plant hooks and shower rings to thread some pretty white sheer fabric through, or hang a curtain rod from the ceiling and drape the fabric behind her headboard.

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 6:08pm
Hi Again,
Ok so her bedroom set is a cream color and she already has her princess bedding. The stick ups I bought are Cinderella and another is all the princess' but it is a height chart as well. and that is as far as I got. I am so clueless when it comes to this stuff.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 6:32pm

Well, have fun looking through all the links I gave you and don't put too many things on the walls. Simple is better for Mommy when she has to clean. ;o) I would add another pastel color or two though, maybe a nice wallpaper border at

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 11:38am

Hi Lisa,

Your darling daughters room sounds so sweet. So you have painted the walls pink, she has princess bedding & stick ups on the wall.
Doris gave you alot of wonderful ideas. I love the idea of hanging a canopy at the head of the bed. I'd get a small piece of white PVC, have your husband screw it in to the wall in a 1/2 circle shape

pam.gif picture by Nicolesigs