Grown up bedrooms for growing up girls

iVillage Member
Grown up bedrooms for growing up girls
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 11:23pm
The Question

iVillage decorating expert Susanna Salk asked for your decorating questions. Now she's offering her solutions to those decorating dilemmas on the Today show. See Susanna's suggestions for how one iVillager can give her daughters an organized bedroom that fits their changing style.

"I have twin 8 yr old daughters who share a bedroom. The bedroom is only 12' x 12' with two windows (one on one wall, another on another wall and then a closet). Currently there are two twin beds, with a nightstand in between, a corner dresser and a 5 drawer dresser on the only wall without a window or closet. How do I make this room a little more grown up and more doable and organized so it doesn't always look a mess? My daughters have different personalities. One daughter likes to decorate with superheroes on her wall while my other daughter has Barbie, Bratz and American Girl dolls on her side. As you can see, the room is very small and makes for tight quarters." —Melanie

Susanna Salk, decorating expert, blogger and iVillage contributor

NEXT: Susanna's answer >>

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 5:51am

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-05-2013 - 1:12pm

Decorating your daughter's room means finding the perfect (tricky!) balance between what she wants and what you want. Start here for inspiring ideas that you'll both love!

BY: DAVIDA SIDRANE HOGAN
(12 Photos)
http://www.ivillage.ca/living/home/girls-bedrooms-decorating-ideas

CL for "