Room looks cold, Any Ideas?

iVillage Member
Room looks cold, Any Ideas?
Mon, 02-04-2008 - 4:12pm
Hey everyone! I have a decorating dilemma!
Let's see if anyone can help...

My husband and I just moved into our new house. The main room is a long rectangular room.. Dining room/Living room combo. We have the living area set up on one end, dining on the other.. that's really the only way it will work.. but the color combos obviously have to be some what cohesive. Here's the problem...

The living area looks so cold! The walls are a nice tan-taupe color. I really don't want to change that. We have black leather furniture, which I also love, and dark wood accessories (entertainment center, end tables..) We have red accent pillows.. I like the contempo look but it seems like we need some warmth. What sorts of accessories and what color combos would you guys add? How about warming up with textures?? I
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-04-2008 - 5:04pm

Have you made any decisions yet Maggie?

We love updates here.

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-16-2008 - 10:54pm

Welcome back Maggie!

Well, since hubby will not let you paint, use lots of warm

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-16-2008 - 3:15pm
Beige wall to wall. The carpet was installed only a few months before we bought the house, and it looks good. No fireplace in this room, it is in the den instead. My dh is completely against painting a wall.. He is pretty traditional and doesn't like anything too "out there" as he calls it. I've done well to get him to let me paint the den green.

No photos at the moment, sorry! Will work on that.

The real "big" problem is the TV. We have this HUGE flat screen TV, surround sound stuff, playstation, etc. There's really no room for a large, nice entertainment center, so we have a simple TV stand that houses that stuff.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-05-2008 - 4:04pm

Hi there Maggie! Welcome to Decorating Dilemmas.

Congrats on the new home.

I know you said you don't want to paint the walls,

My Honeybear & Zinger!