Should I match wood blinds to casing...

iVillage Member
Should I match wood blinds to casing...
Wed, 03-19-2008 - 12:38pm

Hi Everyone- here's the set up. We want to put up 2" plantation blinds in the living room Dark wood window casements, light yellow walls, dark wood floors and white ceiling mouldings and a white ceiling. I plan on having a creme set of furniture with an oriental/pattern area rug under that, pulling colors from the rug for accent pillows, vases, throws. Dilemma- White blinds or matching wood blinds? I want to match up the cream from couch and get silk curtains. My husband thinks that white blinds would lighten up the room, but would the creme curtain and the dark casing just be too much. That's pretty big contrast with in the window itself, plus creme and white and yellow all at the same time?

Opinions?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-19-2008 - 3:40pm

Welcome frugileprincess! Cute screen name.

If you want the window to stand out

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-20-2008 - 9:51am

I might just snap a picture for all my helpful bloggers. To answer some of the questions- The walls are a wonderful yellow that we did and love love love. The structure or flow of the room is that it is completely open and flows right in to the dining area and then in to the kitchen- all painted pale/butter yellow.

I don't think painting the woodwork is an option because it is so old and has a ton of nail holes. I'd really like to use curtains so I think that will be a nice contrast against the dark wood. I have to admit, white windows and blinds would be very bright and airy- very fresh :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-21-2008 - 1:35am

Your home sounds so yummy with those yellow walls. I have a light light creamy yellow on my walls in the kitchen and also love love love it. Yellow is such a happy color.

I think the dark wood would be a good contrast too,

My Honeybear & Zinger!