What goes with olive green sofa?

iVillage Member
What goes with olive green sofa?
Sat, 03-29-2008 - 6:51pm
I am going to be moving and buying a new house. I have two olive green sofas. I have no idea what color palette would look best...can anyone make some suggestions? We definitely want a warm, comfortable living room.
Thanks!
Signature for iVillage
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2008 - 5:07pm
I'm terrible with colors too LOL but I just wanted to throw out a website that I found last night that's a lot of fun and very addictive!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2008 - 11:58pm

Welcome quirkycrab!

I bet you can't wait to move into your new house? Good for you!

What I would do is get something for inspiration that has olive green in it and other colors, like some toss pillows like this: http://www.starlinen.com/product_images/81367XX298_olive.jpg

Then pull one of the other colors in it for your wall color. You can see olive green goes well with many colors.

What color carpet are you getting? Are you having wood floors? A area rug with olive green and other colors might be nice to pull

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2008 - 12:03am

GREAT idea!

You know I completely forgot about those color sites. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions.

Your babies are just darling.

HAPPY SPRINGTIME EVERYONE!

Do you still have snow?

We have this...............>>>>>

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-08-2008 - 11:36am
I had 2 olive green couches myself last year, and I paired it up with maroons, browns, very natural colors. It was a contemporary modern look, but I think it was warm and inviting. Ha. I don't have the couches anymore, but I'm still lovin' the olive green and natural colors. A creamy off white looks good too. Hope that helps. :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 2:43am

Thanks saintholly, that sounds like a great color combo.

So glad you jumped in!

My Honeybear & Zinger!