Living Room Color Trends!

iVillage Member
Living Room Color Trends!
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 12:57pm

See what's new this year and how the color industry is using the newest palettes to create stunning rooms.

Find colors you can live with:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_design_colors/article/0,1793,HGTV_3368_5593038,00.html?nl=HGDeco_v047_05

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 8:30pm

I was looking at this page earlier this evening and do like that Hollywood Glamour look.

JHarvest.jpg picture by 3coolmom

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2008 - 5:08pm
I love the light in the ceiling of the first picture. I need a new light in our family room and that idea would be perfect. Right now we have an old fashioned tri-light type thing that would probably suit a kitchen better. It hangs from the ceiling, not low but it's just too obvious - a flat fixture like this would look great. Thanks for the idea!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-09-2008 - 4:49pm

I love that ceiling fixture too Pat.

I have a low ceiling with beams in my FR and have all flush mount lights. I really wanted ceiling fans with lights, since our summers are so hot.....

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-09-2008 - 5:08pm

LOL about your husbands comment about tall people.

Do you have ceiling fans in any of the other rooms Doris? I have 2 and honestly I'm not sure I like them, they look ok but they are the worst for dust - 5 perfect platforms for it on each fan. I appreciate the air circulation on a stuffy day but it's kind of a toss up whether I'd be happier without having to dust them or no air movement lol!

Patricia Timmermans
sr community moderator,

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-10-2008 - 4:34pm

I have 4 ceiling fans Pat. LR, DR, and two of the bedrooms.

In my house the ceiling are a bit higher than in my AZ room extension. Couldn't live without them as it gets so hot in the summer here. I have central air, but there are times when it's not real hot and no breeze. So the fans are wonderful to move the air through the house. Even with the C/A on I use them a lot.

I use this to clean them and it's a snap. I am only 5' 4" so this really helps: http://www.mileskimball.com/mileskimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Home&SCID=Cleaning+%26+Maintenance&ProductID=0000006458&SiteNum=0&SourceCode=10658000009&Affid=12

Weeeeee! Long link! I'll check and see if it works for you, LOL.

You just reminded me, I haven't cleaned them in a few months, thanks.

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-10-2008 - 5:29pm

Thanks Doris,

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-10-2008 - 9:19pm

Hi! I love the colors, especially the tan wall color in the Warm and Inviting Neutrals, (the 4th photo?). For years, every time I paint another room, I've tried to find it in paint chips, but never seem to find a shade that doesn't look like make up (or DD's yucky school bathrooms LOL!).

The photo description gives the brand Sherwin Williams, but there are so many choices that I thought maybe I missed something to help narrow the search. Do you gals have any ideas how to find the name of the shade?

Thanks!
Karen

Oh, and I love my 3 ceiling fans too! Gotta have it on the hottest days in summer since I don't have AC. My ceilings are 7.5 ft, but the fans are as low profile as I could find, especially because there are light fixtures on them. Two are over sofas in the LR and my bedroom, (so no one walks underneath) and the one in the upstairs hallway is just high enough that the light fixture (the lowest point) misses everyone's heads. During the winter I put the upstairs hallway fan in reverse to draw heat up the stairway.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 8:08pm

Hi Karen!

I know, that's so sad that they don't post the name of the wall color or the others they used in articles. I like the colors too and that LR is so relaxing.

http://www.hgtv.com/dc-design-colors/color-trends-in-the-living-room/pictures/page-4.html

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2008 - 11:12am

That gadget is featured in Skymall magazine this month! It looks like something I need for our fans!

We use fans in every room to keep the air moving too... winter and summer! Every room has one! I admit that they can look sort of cheesy but when it comes to comfort *and* cost, I'll take cheesy any day if t means we can cut back on the A/C or heat!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 3:50pm

Oh! Now they have very stylist lighting fixtures and fans in every imaginable style.

My Honeybear & Zinger!