Here are some pics of the brand new hous

iVillage Member
Here are some pics of the brand new hous
Thu, 12-24-2009 - 11:33am
Just the living room and foyer.
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-24-2009 - 3:48pm

AWESOME lolo!

What is your first name? Mine is Doris and it would be so nice to know and address you by it.

Just finished looking at all your lovely new house photos, it's a beautiful place, I love all the real wood touches. I like and have a lot of wood in my home too. Best of luck

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-25-2009 - 1:48pm

Thank you so much Doris for some great ideas.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-25-2009 - 8:08pm

Lovely room!

I like the red/chocolate idea! It wold work nicely with your decor, I think.

As for the wall, you could put some collections of small pieces (plaques, framed pictures, and the like) arranged close together but NOT in line with each other (KWIM) on either side to balance out the flat screen. Like so:http://www.blacksuniversity.com/imgs/Courses/TP101_5.jpg
Keep in mind that if you arrange groups of items, they need to have something in common: color, theme, etc. as per:
http://www.repair-home.com/how_to_arrange_photos.html

Or maybe a long swag or garland similar to the wreath on the one wall OVER the flat screen... or some long architectural piece like some salvaged molding or wrought iron or a series of long narrow panels in odd numbers...

Here's a page where they try to incorporate a flat screen into the wall art display:
http://openhouse.homegoods.com/index.php/2009/06/20/flat-screen-wall-decorating-ideas/

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Has the recession really led us to make do instead of just throw away?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-26-2009 - 3:00pm

You're welcome Loretta! It's Awesome!

The outside is just as pretty as the inside of your new home. I bet you are very proud! I love all that stone work on the front, those great double doors and

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-26-2009 - 3:03pm

Thanks Carol!

Great suggestions as usual!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-26-2009 - 3:31pm

Great Christmas and quite a haul, to be truthful.

It seems the cats had access to the internet and I suspect also our credit card (or so DH says) since I ended up with four pair of new PJs, a U of F Gator Hoodie, three pairs of new jeans, all signed with cat names! Santa had furry little helpers!

Add to that the Monica Ferris book I asked for, the cuttlebug embossing folders I asked for, a set of new kitchen spoons (my old melmac ones are breaking one by one) and the stamping grab bags I bought at an end-of-year inventory clearance sale and gave him to wrap as gifrs from Santa --- well, that's not a bad haul.

DH has his new laptop and wireless mouse (the laptop not due for another week from Dell), and three very large airplane models --- he bought them all for himself and told me they were his gifts this year.

We spend most of the day with BIL and family and DH discovered the joys of golf on Wii! I wonder if there is a Wii in our future...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-27-2009 - 10:15pm

Sounds like you REALLY made out this Christmas! Woohoo! I think your Hubby got the better end of the deal though with a new laptop on the way. ;o)

So what did the kitties buy for themselves, LOL.

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-27-2009 - 11:58pm

The kitties were very selfless and didn't buy them anything BUT the wrapping paper and ribbons. Dominic and Kathy were fascinated with teh smell of the box that had the grab bag of stamping stuff in it. And the clock that meows on the hour had Kathy fascinated and Dominic in hiding! Faith ignored the holiday altogether!

The golf game apparently comes with teh Wii console, which is a Nintendo gadget that was in GREAT demand two years ago (we bought it for our niece and it took MONTH before she actually saw it in the "flesh" so to speak...). When it came out, it was not only VERY hard to find but very pricey. This year the price is WAY down but they make their money with the software ($30 a pop, more or less, so I'm told).

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-28-2009 - 3:33pm
Thanx Doris, I really do love our new home and I am very excited to do some grand landscaping this spring/summer.