Decorative Painting and Stenciling

iVillage Member
Decorative Painting and Stenciling
Tue, 03-16-2010 - 7:02pm

If you want to add a little decorative touch, stenciling and decorative paint techniques have come a long way. You can not only stencil walls now, with different kinds of paint,

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 1:20pm

Cl-honeygirl45...I did rubber stamping and stenciling for years on cards, gift tags, gift bags and more. Loved doing it and then one day I just didn't like doing it anymore. I still do gift tags sometimes though.

I have a cousin who has a country home and she did stenciling above and on corners of doorways and such. So cute and pretty!!

I like it on some furniture pieces too, but don't have any like that in my own home.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 1:17pm
thatyank wrote:

I've seen that done --- matte v gloss --- with stencils as well! MAkes a wall look like it's fabric and is so classy!

I agree, LOTS of work, but if youhave teh time, are patient, and have the right tape, it' can be worth it (even if oyu only do one wall! LOL)...

She did her whole bedroom and it was a pretty good sized room too. Then she sold her house after all that work was finished!! She did it again in her next house too. The girl is a glutten for punishment..lol!!

I would love to have that done in my entryway and hallway, but only if someone else besides me did it and did it for free..lol!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 12:39pm

I've seen that done --- matte v gloss --- with stencils as well! MAkes a wall look like it's fabric and is so classy!

I agree, LOTS of work, but if youhave teh time, are patient, and have the right tape, it' can be worth it (even if oyu only do one wall! LOL)...

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 11:52pm

A girlfriend of mine did the wide vertical stripes in her bedroom. They were the exact same color, but they alternated between flat and semi-glossy paint. It looked beautiful!! Wow, what a huge project though!! There was plum lining and tons of taping!! I would never have the patience for such a project, but liked the looks of her's.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 11:04am