A Kitchen Quiz...

iVillage Member
A Kitchen Quiz...
Mon, 02-18-2008 - 9:11am

Are you Elegant or Contemporary? Cottage or Country?

Take this fun interactive quiz to find out!

Knowing which styles appeal to you most makes it easier to talk to design professionals and choose the materials, appliances, fixtures and design elements that will truly make your kitchen a dream kitchen.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Remodel & Renovate" and CL for "Antiques and Collectibles"

Visit me at That Yank In...
and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, "Millenium Sampler", 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2008 - 9:12am

While I'm not sure about the quiz style, I think it nailed my preferences pretty good!:

You are mostly French Provincial

You realize that the words "rustic" and "chic" are not mutually exclusive. The French provincial kitchen is a perfect blend of simple elegance and practicality. Rustic and earthy elements are present in the natural materials like terracotta, stone, and wood.

...but also a bit Contemporary

You are drawn to the contemporary kitchen concept because these spaces are bright, functional, and well-lit. They are less formal than traditional kitchen with softer lines than a modern kitchen. Your contemporary-style kitchen is a great space to blend neutral elements with bold accents.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Remodel & Renovate" and CL for "Antiques and Collectibles"

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, "Millenium Sampler", 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2008 - 10:44am
Carol, what quiz?
Beth
wifemomteacher
Proud to co cl

12 Step Recovery Board

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2008 - 11:03am

No quiz link but I'd like a contemporary kitchen, please!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2008 - 7:49pm

OOOPS!

And now I can't find that link! Drat!

Try this one:

http://www.merillat.com/style/quiz/index.aspx

Where I came out "Formal Traditional": Characteristics include burnished metals, antiques and vintage, large family gatherings, elegance and grace (LOL), deep rich colors, details and accents...

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-19-2008 - 12:13pm
lol my tastes run to "Formal, traditional" although my life runs to "chaos with crayon"

CM Zanna Farlow
Message Board Coordinator
iVillage.com

| iVillage Message Boards |

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-02-2008 - 4:30pm

I found the link! LOL

http://www.merillat.com/style/quiz/index.aspx

CL for