Broken piece of kitchen laminate?

iVillage Member
Broken piece of kitchen laminate?
Thu, 04-03-2008 - 3:12pm
Hi everyone!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2008 - 4:15pm

I assume you mean the facing on the edges of the counter, right?

I suppose it would be possible: After all, if one came loose, the other might be ready to peel off as well.. Here is a small tutorial on how to repair a crack in a laminate counter top --- not exactly the same but it might help you repair the broken piece where you relocate it:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/rm_kitchen_bath_counters/article/0,1797,HGTV_3745_2514897,00.html

But do be careful, because the laminate you peel off could be brittle...

But why not try another approach. Get a contrasting, coordinating strip of the laminate (don't even TRY to MATCH color: make it a design statement!) and redo ALL your counter edges.

Or try a wood edging - very trendy these days:

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base/Wood_Edge_Detail.html

Keep us posted on your project. We'd love to hear how it works out!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2008 - 4:21pm
Hi Carol!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2008 - 12:40am

Ah, I see!

I had teh wrong picture in my mind! You are right, a different color just on the ends wouldn't work as well !

Good luck trying... keep us posted!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for