The contents of your refigerator/freezer

iVillage Member
The contents of your refigerator/freezer
Sun, 05-25-2008 - 10:42am

1. What is the oldest thing in your refrigerator door?

2. How often do you keep leftovers that end up going bad before you eat them?

3. How strictly do you follow expiration dates: do you toss things as soon as they go past the date, or have you learned how far something can really go without going bad?

4. Take the quiz: What Do the Contents of Your Refrigerator Say About You?
http://www.blogthings.com/whatdothecontentsofyourrefrigeratorsayaboutyouquiz/

5. What was the last ingredient in your fridge that you cooked something with?

6. If you had to make a meal out of one single item in your refrigerator right now, which item would you choose?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-25-2008 - 10:51am
1. What is the oldest thing in your refrigerator door?=== It HAS to be a jar of Vidalia Sweets relish that I bought mistakenly, thinking it was sweet pickle relish.

2. How often do you keep leftovers that end up going bad before you eat them?=== more often than I'd like to admit!

3. How strictly do you follow expiration dates: do you toss things as soon as they go past the date, or have you learned how far something can really go without going bad?=== it really depends on the item. Things like dairy get tossed on teh expiration date; things like salad dressing are given something of a reprieve

4. Take the quiz: What Do the Contents of Your Refrigerator Say About You? === Oh my, not very flattering at all!

What Your Fridge Says About You

You tend to be a very hedonistic, greedy person. You have trouble saying no to what you want.

You are not careful with your money. In fact, you rarely think about how much you are spending.

You don't tend to be a very adventurous person, but you do surprise everyone now and then. You have a bit of a wild side.

You try to be responsible, but you don't always succeed. Your heart is in the right place though.

You are likely to be married - and very busy.

5. What was the last ingredient in your fridge that you cooked something with? === yesterday I sued a container of left-over veggies (peas, green beans and lima beans) and half a chicken breast to make chicken vegetable soup for dinner.

6. If you had to make a meal out of one single item in your refrigerator right now, which item would you choose? === not a lot of choice here --- it would have to be a salad using the two heads of romaine in the "crisper" (which in my fridge tends to be more of a freezer crossed between a scientific experiment lab! LOL)

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

Edited 5/25/2008 10:53 am ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

Community Leader
Sun, 05-25-2008 - 12:09pm

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-25-2008 - 2:45pm

1. What is the oldest thing in your refrigerator door?

Baby corn