best cabinet website

iVillage Member
best cabinet website
Mon, 07-07-2008 - 9:40am

Hello Everyone!!

I just wanted to share with you a great tool and website in your kitchen and bathroom planning.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2008 - 11:49am

Thanks for the recommendation!

Do you have pictures of your new cabinets? Were they for the bath or the kitchen? Or both? We'd love to see them installed!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2008 - 1:06pm

These cabinets truly look beautiful, from what little i can see on the website. I want to look into it further .

Here's my question: is it NOT a good idea to order cabinets from a totally different geographic area? We're in the Northeast, and this cabinet vendor is in Florida. I thought I'd read somewhere that you should try to order cabinets from as close by as possible because the wood endures best in a climate similar to its native climate. Any thoughts on this?

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2008 - 4:08pm

Well, I don't know where joshsmom00 lives (no profile! tsk Tsk! ;-) ) so I can't tell if she ordered locally or not.

however, you have a point about wood needing to acclimate to the climate. But MOST wooden cabinetry and furniture is made in the SE and even if you order from a local distributer, odds are it will come from someplace else in the country. I think (not sure on this) that most wooden items are made from kiln-dried woods so they shouldn't be as susceptible to warping, etc...

Now if you bought a Chinese antique that wasn't made from cured woods, yes you WOULD get splitting (I speak from experience -- it' VERY dry in Beijing and just brining a piece indoors causes issues! LOL We have this wall carving that has a crack that disappears in winter and reappears in humid winter.) Odds are, most antiques are this vulnerable but I suspect modern cabinetry isn't...

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for