• No, and I don't want one.
  • Other...

You will be able to change your vote.

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-21-2008 - 10:55pm

I voted "other" because...

our kitchen is the ONLY room in the house (except the bathrooms and the pantry-laundry room area) without a useable TV cable/satellite/antenna jack! We've been told that there IS one but for some reason, they covered it with the kitchen cabinets! LOL (This house is strange also, in that in every room, the television hook-up is on the opposite wall from the telephone, something that makes DVRs a hassle. Guess they didn't foresee that telehnes re required for the new satellite hook-ups!)

At one time, I would have liked one in there --- we even had a small multi-region combination telly/video player (purchased in London so we could play our PAL videos in non-PAL countries) that would have been a great kitchen counter set but I can't see ripping off cabinets willy nilly to find the jack (we can't use the opposite wall from the telephone jack rationale here as two opposit walls have telephone jacks in the kitchen area! LOL) and we never got around to having the room wired otherwise.

I guess that's OK because, if I walk into the breakfast nook/sitting area while cooking, I can see the living room television but it's not usually on when I'm cooking and that's probably a good thing. I can burn things without being distracted! LOL

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-24-2008 - 12:53pm
I voted other. There is not a TV in the kitchen, but I can hear it from the living room if I turm it up a little and if I am cutting stuff on the one counter I can even see it a bit.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-24-2008 - 2:34pm
Same here --- I can hear the television if it is on in the living room and if I take a quick walk to the doorway, I can see it if something sounds interesting.

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-25-2008 - 7:28am
I wish we had one in there so I could watch while working in the kitchen,,,,,,,,,,,,,
kjh63
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-25-2008 - 9:44am
At one time, I thought having a television where I cold cook along with Julia Child would be cool. But then I realized, there would be no way I could keep up! LOL So that wold mean I'd need a VCR or DVD player or, nowadays, a DVR, and I can imagine the GROTTY state of the remote if I tried to pause, rewind, skip commercials now if I were cooking and watching both! I am NOT a neat cook as it is...LOL

Edited 8/25/2008 2:45 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-25-2008 - 12:51pm

Hi Carol, I said 'no', I've never really thought about it. I do have the radio in the kitchen so that's good enough for company when I'm either cooking, tidying or rearranging.

Take care :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-25-2008 - 4:01pm

No but I can see and hear the TV in the living room through the pass through window. ;-)

I WOULD like one of those iPod Docks in the kitchen though so I can listen to music while cooking or doing laundry (the laundry room is off of the kitchen) . That would be awesome.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-25-2008 - 11:17pm

We have a small apartment sized kitchen.

Valentines 2009
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-25-2008 - 11:45pm
Dh and I differ on programming as well! he seems to spend a lot of time tuned to the military channel while I like HGTV and it's brethren! So multiple televisions are a good thing. in fact, I'm not sure how we made it through nearly 40 years of marriage with only one tv before! LOL We never had multiples ( - there are five now, four on the satellite and on the in-attic antenna - ) until we moved to this house in 2003!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-26-2008 - 12:09am

I voted other too!

I have a large pass through over my sink into our family room and our 46"

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

Pages