19 Kitchen Styles! Which one is for you?

iVillage Member
19 Kitchen Styles! Which one is for you?
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 11:51am

Whether you're looking to completely remodel or just make a few updates, our new kitchen style guide will help you find the perfect look.
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_988/text/0,,HGTV_22056_70612,00.html?nl=HGIdeas_v306_8

and take a quiz to find your style!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 11:56am

The quiz says this about me and I find it fascinating as it has my current kitchen color spot-on (blue green) and the warm wood toned cabinets, but damask fabrics in a kitchen scares me to death (how would one keep them clean?) and I don't do crown molding or wood floors in a kitchen either!

~~~~~
Traditional

When it comes to kitchen design, you're all about a classic look. The traditional kitchen hails from old European designs and is focused on creating an inviting, comforting environment.

To design a traditional kitchen, choose cabinets in warm wood tones with classic, but not necessarily simple lines. Neutral tiles on a diagonal work with any color scheme, but also add visual interest to the space. For a timeless touch, use damask fabrics on your chairs or window treatments.

Your colors: Dark brown, golds, blue-greens, eggplant, warm peaches

Defining features: Crown molding, hardwood floors

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 2:17pm

Beautiful kitchens Carol! Thanks!

This is what I got, but my kitchen is more on the french country side, with blue and white toile curtains and terra cotta flooring,

Jr & Mommy Buttons, who is in doggie heaven now (10-16-09) rest in peace my sweet furbaby. Your son Jr & and I miss you!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-06-2009 - 3:41pm

FIND YOUR KITCHEN STYLE

The heart of your home should be functional and fabulous. Steal these ideas for a new look:
http://www.myhomeideas.com/myhome/kitchens?iid=newsletter-mhi-050509&PromKey=XET

CL for