Five Design Don'ts

iVillage Member
Five Design Don'ts
Thu, 04-08-2010 - 2:40pm

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 2:09am

Everyone want to get a good design for home. Do you know Dwell Magazine?

Dwell is the first and only magazine to explore both the interiors and the exteriors of modern home design in a stylish, yet accessible way. With focus on a new modernistic approach to home design that offers identity, creativity and harmony.

Here is a magazine that focuses on modern design and clean-line architecture without the trendy vibe that makes a competitor like "Wallpaper" an expensive, hit-or-miss read. What I like most about "Dwell" is its consistency in presenting interesting designs from around the world that look quite livable and fashionable at the same time. Even the advertisements are quite compatible to the flow of the magazine, so much so that they often look like they are part of the editorial. There is a very useful "Marketplace" section at the end that tells you where to get a lot of the art, furniture and accessories complementary to the designs presented. I have often used these helpful listings to find some interesting things for my own place.

This magazine is definitely geared toward the urban loft dweller, but I like how they highlight homes with families in mind as well. Individual issues are often focused on either geographic or utility-related themes, thus keeping a library mandatory for future reference. The photography is superb. If you are tired of design magazines that seem to be talking specifically to designers, this is a great, reasonably priced alternative for people who simply appreciate great design. Highly recommended.

These magazines are about design on house. You can have a look. Very useful .If you want to buy, you check it out, it costs $5 bucks!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 4:50am

I've seen the television version of the magazine: http://www.fineliving.com/fine/dwell/0,1663,FINE_19216,00.html

I found it fascinating, if a bit contemporary for my taste ...

CL for