Very Important Announcement for Membe...
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 03-19-2003 - 6:19am|
Very Important Announcement for Members of our iVillage Community
We have a very big announcement for all our iVillage community members. We will soon make some major improvements to our message boards. The new boards have some terrific features. Take a look!
1. Search: Hundreds of thousands of iVillagers have posted millions of messages on our boards. Now you'll be able to quickly find the information you need.
2. Favorite Boards: Store a list of all your favorite boards in one easy-to-find place. Navigate easily between your favorites. "Favorite Boards" also tracks all the boards you've recently visited so you can remember where you've been. With one click, you can add a recently-visited board to your Favorites list.
3. Board Settings: You can specify your time zone. On boards where message rating is available, you can set your preferences to display highly rated messages.
4. Profile: More questions -- and more options -- will allow you to get to know other iVillagers better and help them know more about you! You can add friends to your Friends list or choose to ignore posts from certain members. You can also pick a personal avatar to add to your profile. (Note: Because our current Profiles will change, please save the URL for your current iVillage Profile. The current Profiles will remain live for a month after launch to allow you time to save profile information. You can access your current Profile through its URL or by clicking on your member name on the iVillage homepage).
5. Send Emails to Your Friends: The new Member Profiles allow you to send email to other members of your community even if you don't know their email address. To protect their privacy -- and yours -- email addresses are not displayed.
6. Easier Posting: When you respond to a message, it will appear below the box where you type your reply.
7. Edit & Delete: You will be able to edit your message AFTER you have posted it.
Or perhaps you have second thoughts about your message after you post it. If it hasn't yet received any replies, you'll be able to delete it.
8. Sort Options: Sort messages so they are displayed in the way that is best for you! You can choose to view all messages, to see messages you haven't read, or see all messages posted in the past day, the past two days or the past week.
9. Printing & Bookmarking Options: Next to every message, you'll see links that make it easy to print or bookmark each message.
10. Rate This Message: When you read a message that impresses you, you'll be able to rate it so others will know how good it is. (Note: This ratings feature will be turned off on some message boards if it isn't appropriate to the topic of the board.)
Other features: Our new boards won't look or function exactly like our old boards. On the main board page, you'll just see the title of messages that start new discussions. If you prefer to see a list of message titles and all the replies (like the style of our old boards), just click on Outline View.
The most active discussions are listed first. Whenever a new message is added to an existing conversation, it moves to the top of the list. But with the new Sort and Search features, you'll be able to organize the message display in different ways and find a message once it's moved down the list.
Once you've had a chance to get used to the new boards, we think you'll be thrilled with all the new features they offer.
For more information about the new boards, see "How to Use iVillage's New Message Boards."