AAARGH! Internet trouble

iVillage Member
AAARGH! Internet trouble
Thu, 05-01-2008 - 7:00pm

It's a long story involving lots of "if you... press 3" and techies with accents so thick you can cut them with a knife (Hello, my name is Bob? DOH!) and screw-ball virus claims so they can avoid dealing with it but finally, after three days of calls, I got in touch with a techie who not only speaks English, she actually did a line test and lo and behold, we have a VERY weak signal...

So someone will be making a service call tomorrow between 8:30 and Noon and hopefully I won't have to visit via dial-up any more.

Meanwhile, bear with me if I am slow in getting to any posts and dial-up is a PITA!

Still, I'm glad I have my old Powerbook back, sans WiFi (ANOTHER long story) but WITH an internal modem so I CAN use dial-up! AND that I keep paying AOL a monthly fee despite the fact that they are now free online (Hey --- if I hadn't, I wouldn't be talking to you guys at all!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for