How do you "store" your shoes?

iVillage Member
How do you "store" your shoes?
Thu, 05-01-2008 - 10:20pm
In your closet, how are your shoes kept? On a rack? In their original boxes? In special boxes with their photo attached? Scattered over the closet floor? Other?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2008 - 11:00pm

I have 28 pairs of heels and flats that I NEVER wear, all in their original boxes. And four pairs of athletic shoes in their boxes. Two pairs of flats , one pair of boots and 2 pair of slippers are strewn about my closet floor and one pair of Crocs, one pair of snow boots and one pair of athletic shoes are on a rack by the back door. And there is one pair of newer, cleaner athletic shoes in my car for when I go to the gym...

I am embarrassed to admit that I have so many shoes when I am usually barefoot and really only wear athletic shoes (Crocs to go to the mail box) and occasionally one pair of flats (as dressy as I get). I need to purge this closet at a minimum!

Edited to add that I just remembered I have an over-the-door shoe bag that I bought with the intention of purging shoes back last summer and it has yet to be taken out if it's packaging. Maybe if I hung it I would actually sort through those boxes with the mystery shoes inside! LOL

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

Edited 5/4/2008 3:20 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-04-2008 - 11:06am
My shoes are all in the basement,,, in a closet by themselves, I just can't stand the thought of having shoes in my clothes closet...
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-04-2008 - 12:27pm

All of the above?

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-04-2008 - 3:18pm

Oh, I'm not surprised that your DH has more shoes than you. I know that MY DH has more than I, and I swear, most of them are in a pile near the door to the outside. He even has a pile just outside the door in the garage! He simply sheds shoes as he moves through the house! LOL

I've tried shoe racks for him but they soon fill up and more shoes pile up.

CL for

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-04-2008 - 9:58pm
Generally scattered on the floor of my closet! LOL

debcl.gif picture by debbiora

314493983.gif picture by debbiora

Thanks to the maker
Community Leader
Sun, 05-04-2008 - 10:38pm
I don't have a whole lot of shoes. The ones I wear the most are in a big wicker laundry basket in the corner of my bedroom. My boots and a few dressier shoes are in the original boxes in my closet.
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2008 - 5:14am

Shoes? In the closet? Oh, yes, those shoes lol.

I've got shoes everywhere. Some are on shoe racks, some are in those hanging things, some are in cloth bags, none in boxes. Most are scattered here and there.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2008 - 11:22am

For my shoes