Are you among the one in four taxpayers.

iVillage Member
Are you among the one in four taxpayers.
Fri, 06-06-2008 - 2:10pm
who are considering spending their tax rebate checks on home improvement projects (according to a poll cited at http://www.housingzone.com/articleXml/LN786982101.html )?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-08-2008 - 1:47pm

Unfortunately, no such checks in the mail for me!

I saw this article earlier today - renovation tips from real estate brokers:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/08/realestate/08COV.html?ref=realestate

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-08-2008 - 5:02pm

Not us. We're not quite sure what we're going to use it on, but luckily nothing needs to be done around the house right now.

~

Thank you to Krissy (pink babyboo) for my fabulous anniversary siggy!

> >
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-08-2008 - 7:44pm

Great news that you are happy with your house!

But keep us in mind if you decide to do any remodeling in the future! We'd love to hear about it!

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 1:07am
We will get our tax rebate in July and it is going to pay for medical bills from my breast cancer last year. Not a very fun way to spend money.

Diane
proud mom of Ethan & Anna

E & A New SIggie
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 7:21am

I agree, it is not a fun expenditure!

But are you well and free of the cancer? Sure hope so.

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 11:35am
But are you well and free of the cancer? I don't know yet. It will be 1 yr on June 18th since my surgery. I won't be having another mammogram until Dec as my breasts have had a lot of radiation lately so they're giving them a rest. Thanks, Carol, for asking! Hugs to you.

Diane
proud mom of Ethan & Anna

E & A New SIggie
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 11:54am
I sure am!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 12:56pm

Fingers cross then on June 18.

I know the anxiety of waiting to find out --- DH had radiation after surgery for prostate cancer and each six months, it's anxious time to see if his PSA tests come up negative. It'll be 6 years since the surgery, and 5 since the radiation (surgery didn't get it all) this summer... WOO HOO!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 12:58pm

Is it a privacy fence, a fence meant to keep the dogs in (or out), a safety fence for a pool, or what?

Can you share photos of before and after!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 1:05pm
It'll be a privacy fence to keep the kids/dogs in the yard and other people from looking in.

Pages