I must be cursed. Technology hates me.

iVillage Member
I must be cursed. Technology hates me.
Mon, 06-09-2008 - 10:59pm

Especially this past week...

First it was no broadband internet (June 3 and 4).
http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-hgstitchery&msg=6078.1
Got that fixed, although I'm not really sure how the fix was made or what exactly was wrong, as we never saw a service technician even though we scheduled an appointment. Apparently there were others in the neighborhood who were also out and it got fixed along with theirs. he called and when we checked, it was working and he said he'd cancel the call.

Then it was no power (Friday and Saturday). Got that fixed.

Then no land line (Saturday through Monday. Got that fixed,

Now (Monday night) we don't have broadband internet again... EXACTLY the same symptoms: modem is all lit up, router is all lit, and all my browsers say Airport is connected but not to the internet!

Every single one of these events is rain (severe Thunderstorms, tornados, etc.) related. Do you see a pattern here?

So I'm back on dial-up, trying to get up the patience to deal with ANOTHER ESL customer service rep...

Meanwhile, please be patient with me as it takes forever to get online using AOL dial-up!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for