Friday Five 6/13/08

iVillage Member
Friday Five 6/13/08
Fri, 06-13-2008 - 6:20pm

1. Did you get an allowance as a kid, and if so, how much was it?

2. How old were you when you had your first job, and what was it?

3. Which do you do better: save money or spend money?

4. Are people more likely to borrow money from you, or are you more likely to borrow from them?

5. What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2008 - 6:32pm

1. Did you get an allowance as a kid, and if so, how much was it? === you will laugh but it tells you how old I am: 14¢! In pennies! And I SAVED it! but then, if the purchase was an item my parents approved of, they often bought it. iw asn't requred to save for things like clothing or food... The fifties were a different world..

2. How old were you when you had your first job, and what was it? === high school when I started baby stiing, but my first W-2, taxable job was as an undergrduate teaching assistant when I was a sophomore in college.

3. Which do you do better: save money or spend money? === spend... I'm tight in that I worry about money, but I do splurge on occasion!

4. Are people more likely to borrow money from you, or are you more likely to borrow from them? === borrow

5. What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought? === If you count me buying something along with DH as *me*, then it has to be a house. on my own, nothing massive that I can think of...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for