Your childhood in "Five"

iVillage Member
Your childhood in "Five"
Sat, 06-21-2008 - 10:22am

1. What were some of the smells and tastes of your childhood?

2. What did you have as a child that you do not think children today have?

3. What elementary grade was your favorite?

4. What summer do you remember the best as a child?

5. What one piece of advice would you give to your younger self, and at what age?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-21-2008 - 2:01pm

1. What were some of the smells and tastes of your childhood? === although it makes me gag now, I fonldy remember the smell of my grandfather's pipe tobacco and I also loves teh smell of my grandmotehr's cedar lined china cabinet

2. What did you have as a child that you do not think children today have? === time to be a kid, without pressure, fear, etc.

3. What elementary grade was your favorite? === 6th (Mr.s Hughes was my home rom teacher adn my favorite grade school teacher)

4. What summer do you remember the best as a child? === I was 12 and we spent the summer in NJ when my Grandmother was ill. During that summer, my brother and I were allowed to stay with our cousins at their NJ shore cottage. I twas hurricane season and that was the year of hurricanes Carol and Dolly, both of whom swiped the NJ coast while we were there. And I got one of the worst sunburns I EVER got in my life that summer!

5. What one piece of advice would you give to your younger self, and at what age? === ry to be a little less shy and a little more outgoing and have some FUN!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2008 - 12:06pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2008 - 6:21pm

Fresh veggies from the garden and huge lilac tree outside the kitchen windows.

2. What did you have as a child that you do not think children today have? Free time.

3. What elementary grade was your favorite? I remember liking 1st grade because I started learning.

4. What summer do you remember the best as a child? They all blur together.

5. What one piece of advice would you give to your younger self, and at what age? Don't be such a wallflower. Find strength in yourself.

~

> >
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2008 - 9:57am

The lilac tree behind our house; the exotic plants greenhouse at the park; freshly baked breads and cakes; my mom's fur coats.

2. What did you have as a child that you do not think children today have?

Being able to walk to places outside the immediate neighbourhood and go to my music course at the Conservatory alone - impossible to do here at this time and a similar age.

3. What elementary grade was your favorite?

All of them!

4. What summer do you remember the best as a child?

The summer we rented a house on a working farm in Quebec.

5. What one piece of advice would you give to your younger self, and at what age?

Don't abandon the music - at age 15 (I didn't stop playing until I was 18, but at 16 I officially stopped wanting to continue to study at the Conservatory).

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-27-2008 - 12:56am

Fish on Friday