"Man caves", anyone?
Sun, 06-29-2008 - 8:39pm

A Room for Dad

A Unique Game Room

The Ultimate Deck

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2008 - 11:10am
My ds lives in a man cave, that we just had him clear out and clean and repaint! We got rid of all his old furniture (from when we was 6, now he's 21) and got him a new bed and old dresser that he fixed up and another bookcase for all his books. He picked his paint colors and did that mostly himself. He has taken out a bunch of his dad's military collection to display in his room, plus some of his own reenactor gear. It is definitely his man cave!!

follow me to CWG

Follow me
cl star tag
Vacations & Trips
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2008 - 4:46pm

Carol,

I love the possibilities of this thread.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2008 - 6:09pm
My DH has his media room but it's not his entirely so I can't call it a man cave, I suppose, even though he is the technophile who put it together and only he knows how to operate the thing...

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

Edited 7/10/2008 8:07 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 11:38am
My boyfriend never really got into the 'man cave' thing, but his uncle recently built a SHED in his backyard! It looks like a little house! Heated, electricity, air conditioned. He even corrects his wife humorously when she refers to his man cave as a 'shed'. Haha.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 8:08pm
So does your uncle have his buddies over for the games, food, beer, etc. in his "shed"?

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 3:52am

Oh, I think I wrote that wrong. It's my boyfriend's uncle.

Haha okay, irrelevent, anyway! Yes, he does. They also find it awesome to hide their firework stash around the 4th because they live in t he country haha.

Since he's built this 'cave', he also thought it necessary to buy a very large top of the line ride-on lawn mower. The wife was obviosly not ecstatic. Haha.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 10:06am

Boys and their toys, eh?

My Dh was convinced he needed a riding mower when we bought this house, even though it only had 1/4 acre lot. So he did and almost put it (and himself) in the lake! If it hadn'r been for a conveniently placed maple sapling...

He sold it that fall and proceeded to de-lawn the entire property, putting in flower beds instead! Even he admits that riding mower was NOT a good idea!

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-23-2010 - 10:26am
Build Yourself a Game Room
See how to turn your basement, den or garage into a fun-packed hangout. • Fantasy football room »
Vegas-style poker parlor »
Top 10 Man Cave updates »

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 12:56pm
Man Cave Essentials Brag to your friends about your indoor pool (table) How to Bring the Party Indoors
Start with the basics: a pool table and bar. Add some electronics, a keg, maybe some guitars and you're ready to party. • Check these pics for manly inspiration »
Jason Cameron's favorite man caves »
Turn the garage into a home gym or wine cellar