Home v Workspace...

iVillage Member
Home v Workspace...
Mon, 06-30-2008 - 1:14pm

1. How many clocks in your home or office are set ahead of the actual time so that you can stay on schedule?

2. Which space is neater: your office or “work” space or your living room?

3. Which room of your home is in need of the most cleaning?

4. Take the quiz: "What does your workspace say about you?" and tell us about it..
http://www.blogthings.com/whatdoesyourworkspacesayaboutyouquiz/

5. If your co-workers saw your home after seeing your office/cubicle/workspace, would they be surprised?

6. How many family members do you have on display for your co-workers to see?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2008 - 1:22pm
1. How many clocks in your home or office are set ahead of the actual time so that you can stay on schedule? === none, as I am obsessive about time.

2. Which space is neater: your office or “work” space or your living room? === living room, hands down

3. Which room of your home is in need of the most cleaning? === my home office

4. Take the quiz: "What does your workspace say about you?" and tell us about it..

What Your Workspace Says About You

You are not organized in the least. Everything in your life pretty much survives of chaos.

You tend to work at your own pace. If this means things don't***

You enjoy your job and don't feel guilty about how much time you spend working. You have a good balance between work and your personal life.

You are still trying to figure out your ideal career. You could quit your current job on any given day.

At work, you are an introvert. You don't like people coming around your work space.

***I don't know what they intended to say here --- I tried twice and got the same incomplete answer!

5. If your co-workers saw your home after seeing your office/cubicle/workspace, would they be surprised? === since I am retired, I don't have any co-workers anymore but if my old colleagues saw my home office, they would be shocked. I wasn't "neat" at work but this home office is a disaster!

6. How many family members do you have on display for your co-workers to see? == none. When i worked, Dh worked for the same company so it seemed unnecessary to have him on display... Besides, there was no room in my cubicle for "decor"

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2008 - 1:50pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2008 - 6:45pm

As I read your post, it occured to me that "How many family members do you have on display" sounded like you lined your kids up on a shelf so people could see them! LOL I should have rephrased that!

Do you find that working from home interferes with family functions?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2008 - 11:41pm
1. How many clocks in your home or office are set ahead of the actual time so that you can stay on schedule? Two. : )

2. Which space is neater: your office or “work” space or your living room? living room

3. Which room of your home is in need of the most cleaning? ALL

http://www.blogthings.com/whatdoesyourworkspacesayaboutyouquiz/

You are not organized in the least. Everything in your life pretty much survives of chaos.

You tend to work at your own pace. If this means things don't

You feel like you neglect your family and friends when you're working. You may work a bit too much.

You are still trying to figure out your ideal career. You could quit your current job on any given day.

At work, you are an introvert. You don't like people coming around your work space.

5. If your co-workers saw your home after seeing your office/cubicle/workspace, would they be surprised? Since I'm considering my desk/office my "workspace" since I'm a SAHM - then no, not at all.

6. How many family members do you have on display for your co-workers to see? In my home I have about 26 family member displayed in pictures.

~

> >
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2008 - 3:46am

1. How many clocks in your home or office are set ahead of the actual time so that you can stay on schedule?

My watch and the clock on my cellphone are 10 minutes ahead of time.

2. Which space is neater: your office or “work” space or your living room?

My living room.

3. Which room of your home is in need of the most cleaning?

My bedroom.

You feel like you neglect your family and friends when you're working. You may work a bit too much.

You don't switch careers often, and you intend to stay at your current job for a long time.

5. If your co-workers saw your home after seeing your office/cubicle/workspace, would they be surprised?

Probably not.

6. How many family members do you have on display for your co-workers to see?

I never had photos on display.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2008 - 6:45am

You are an organized and detail oriented person. You have your life in order.

You enjoy your job and don't feel guilty about how much time you spend working. You have a good balance between work and your personal life.

You don't switch careers often, and you intend to stay at your current job for a long time.

I did the quiz first!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2008 - 11:26am
Not at all!